Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 into 2014: winding the bobbin up

We've wound up another year, and the empty spool of 2014 lies ahead of us.
 
I love this feeling. I love a new year. I know it's an arbitrary cut-off and resolutions are often considered childish, but they're just right for me. I need an end, no matter how artificial, and I need to turn a page over ready to start again. I am a keen little brewer of plans and dreams.
 
2013 was a good year. We made progress on our house. I progressed a lot with my sewing skills. The little boys have been (mostly) lovely, the big boy has left Kevin the Teenager (mostly) behind. From the roots we set down in the Peaks five years ago, a tree has grown. We have good, deep friendships up here now, all of us. The Little One is at primary school. My lovely husband's job has changed to a (mostly) weekday, daytime affair, and our family life has settled into a much more regular shape. Our further-afield friends and family were missed, but we had such lovely times when we did see them. It was the kind of year of which the worse bits will fade from our memories, leaving the many good parts behind.
 
I have a good feeling about 2014. Our family moving on, growing up. And most of all starting my sewing business. That is the big goal for this year. It feels so, so good to be this close to it now.
 
After quite a long blog sabbatical, in which I lost my verve and impulse for it, I thought I'd come back and try again. To again be writing and recording our countryside life, my sewing and home-making (gosh, I wish that wasn't such a trite term), and all the simple, beautiful things we make, appreciate and do in the life we've built here. 2014, here we go.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that 2013 was a good year, I look forward to watching your creations in 2014! Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...