Saturday 29 June 2013

Sewing: tool roll

Let's unwrap this and have a look, shall we?
I made my dad and brother a tool roll each from a thick, brushed cotton. They're narrower at one end than the other, allowing for the tools to be placed in according to length. Each tool loop is slightly different in width and tightness. The top and bottom of the roll fold over the tools so they don't fall out when wrapped and carried. The central tool store are has medium-weight interfacing inside.
 
I made them for Christmas! There was neither time nor brain cells left to photograph them at the time, so my brother took these photos of his tool wrap for me to show you.
 
(I can't tell you how good it feels to sew something for a man that he actually wants, he really needs and is genuinely useful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...