Monday 11 February 2013

Making: Felt stars and circles garland

Do you find that there's always one Christmas decoration that you can't bear to put away and end up keeping all year round? I do. This year, this was it.


I just cut out, free-hand, lots and lots of circles and stars from thick, quality felt. Then, being Christmassy, I threaded my needle with green thread and my bobbin with red, and began sewing through them all. I just fancied a bit of colour in the windows and now that Christmas is but a memory, that colour gilds the back wall of our playroom/sewing room instead.
 
I couldn't live without it now.
 
PS It's been a little quiet around here lately. I'm feeling a little pffed (make the sound, go on, then you'll know what I mean), a little lacking in inspiration. The days keep passing and they're dragging me by. I hope to take up the reins again some day very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this is lovely! And yes I'm the same, I've left up a paper snowflake garland AND some fairy lights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...