Monday 30 January 2012

The week that was; the week that will be


Nine things times two: things I have done; things to do. Oh how I love a list!

Last week...
The beautiful Wish Purple from the
Echino Fall 2011 collection by Etsuko
Furuya for Kokka. Courtesy of
Sew, Mama, Sew! 
  1. Potty training done! Hoo-freaking-rah. Answer? Stickers as rewards, torch for viewing (you know how boys like that sort of thing!)
  2. Sewing machine dusted off and camera case made. I can't tell you how good it felt to do it, and to gift it away, even if I did half the sewing with a baby on my lap trying to grab the moving needle.
  3. I watched the first of the BBC's glorious adaptation of Sebastian Faulks' Birdsong. I'm sure there must have been flaws, but I couldn't see past the beautiful sets, scenery and styles. The atmosphere was intoxicating. Part 2 is recorded ready to be watched tonight. Can't wait!
  4. Speaking of birds, there have been so many in the garden, swooping in for the Little One's crusts, chasing one another saucily, heading for next-door's feeders. It makes washing up such a pleasure, as I stand watching them dance in the skies and skip on my fence.
  5. 'Eat the Week' returned as planned. Another instalment tomorrow I hope.
  6. It snowed. So much for the mild winter. But this year the snow has been such a gift, as it has brought to an end my three years of 'bah humbug' about it. Where I once felt cross and afraid to see it falling, knowing the inconvenience and danger it brings (living half way up the Peaks where it usually turns to an ice rink and stays that way for a week), now for some reason my inner child has invaded and sent me out with a sledge and wrapped-up boys for no other reason than fun.
  7. Valentines planning continues, if only in my head. I have a lot to make up for after a bit of a damp-squib anniversary.
  8. No decision on the camera front. Still without one.
  9. Tax returns done, yahoo!
This week...
  1. Sew more!
  2. Go out more! (Released from potty-training purgatory.)
  3. I need to have a sort out of the art/messy play shelves at home.
  4. And a sort out of my sewing shelves, in the hope of moving them out of the basement and into the playroom one day soon (more on this to come!)
  5. Perhaps I shall buy myself some of the beautiful fabric featured above? It is hideously out of my price range, but it is too many kinds of lovely to be ignored.
  6. I think I will take inspiration from it though by making or buying a bird feeder for my bird tree outside. And finally putting my bird species picture up on the wall by the sink (a.k.a. bird watching nook).
  7. I will also be enjoying other fabrics, after a naughty purchasing spree at the V&A, following the heads-up from Mollie Makes on the sale there. I am particularly itching to get my hands on this fabric, as I think it might be manly enough to use for some male presents to come, and it also reminds me of the beautiful blue and brown fabrics featured on Sew Obsessed. The package is due to arrive any day now.
  8. And I will finally be buying Jane Brocket's Gentle Art of Quilt-making, despite having spent all my Christmas money on fabric and shoes.
  9. And I will be updating my blog reading list on the right, as I have a few more to add (it takes a lot of time to read them all now, but it's like playing the lottery - once you start, you can't stop for fear of what you'll miss).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...