Thursday 3 March 2011

The project so far - cards

Here's what I've been getting up to, just before I started to write about it all...


Making my own cards. Not doing much more than cutting out pictures from magazines at the moment, but I hope to do a little more when I've got a little more time!


 While fun, it's a little bit of a sacrifice too as I love card shopping; spending ages searching out the right card for the person.

I'm also making my own presents, but more on that another day. My first project was sewing bunting and I think it deserves a post of its own, for both good and bad reasons!





 The home-made presents and cards seem an ideal way to be more creative. They give me the a chance to show the recipients how much they matter to me (it takes an awful lot longer to sew a present than to shop for and buy one!). And they give me practice in the skills that I'm currently a novice at. Of course they save a bit of money too, which is no bad thing when you're a one-income family with a third child on the way.
  

These cards appear in the order I made them. I think I like the Happy Anniversary one the most.

This post was a little diversion from present making (a bag - watch this space!). Now back to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...