Sunday 13 May 2012

Nine things

The week that was; the week that will be...
Shipyard fabric from Fabric Rehab
  1. The Tiny One learnt how to walk! Oh the excitement in this house.
  2. He also learnt how to throw huge, arched-back, screaming tantrums. Over things like wanting a biscuit. Or a different biscuit to the one you gave him. Or a toy he wants. Goodbye little Mr Sunshine, hello toddler years (and he's only thirteen months old).
  3. My mother-in-law came, and we had a lovely, simple time: She arrives by train and we can't all fit in the car for daytrips, so we're forced to be creative with all that's in walking distance. This is a good kind of creativity.
  4. There have been some days of sunshine. Not quite warmth yet, but it feels like early spring instead of winter (don't tell the atmosphere that it's actually the last month before summer - I don't want to lay on the guilt too strong).
  5. The to-do list has gradually been whittled away. I can't tell you how good this feels. Tiny successes are like air to me - can't live without them.
  6. I have a lot of sewing and fabric hunting to do for the week ahead. Including buying the fabric above for the Little One's birthday.
  7. Invites to send, plans to make. And there's the village May Queen to prepare for (Olympic-themed house and buggy decorating). And the Jubilee street party. Stop. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
  8. I need more quietness and kindness to myself, by myself. Perhaps I should forget number 7. for now.
  9. And there are nine long days until I see my mum again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...