Monday 19 December 2011

11 days til Christmas

When there were eleven days to go, my lovely, lovely mum and I made this...
... and, oh!, I am in love! Generally I'm not too keen on my red door, but at this time of year it comes into its own. Isn't the wreath beautiful? Don't you love the colours? And best of all, my mum and I made it together which was so nice at the time, and keeps on giving every time I look at it. (But I'm not sure our post lady is too keen: the prickly holly is precariously close to the letter box!)

My mum made me the wicker wreath base last year, but after Christmas had passed. She brought up holly, ribbon, pine cones and dried orange slices from her home down south. We cut the ivy from our garden. Then, to the interesting mix of Christmassy 50's tunes and a sprinkling of 'ouch's', we stabbed our fingers with the holly as we wrapped and fastened it all on.

In other news, the Christmas lists are getting quite impressive. Present lists are half-populated with things already bought or made (I know, that other half is scarily blank for eleven days to go). Card lists are full but waiting to be brought to life. The decorations list is growing as I read more ideas from Dottie Angel. The Christmas food list has a title and nothing else, so it's time to get reading my Nigella Christmas book. But at least the turkey is ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...