Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Little One's boy drive & dig quilt

I've finally got around to showing you... I made the Little One a quilt. It covers his single size bed. It has lots of yellow (favourite colour), cars, diggers, cranes, and other driving and digging paraphernalia! Yes, I have a builder-obsessed pre-schooler.
 Those are my hands, in case you wondered. Yes, they are very little.
And there's the mustard back. Please don't look too closely or you'll see a lot of wonky lines and a few little puckers where they shouldn't be! But it was my first proper single quilt, so I'm being kind to myself about it. I made it with the quilt-as-you-go method. I'd recommend it, but only if you have a cutting mat, quilter's ruler and rotary cutter. I have these now, I didn't then, and look at all that wonky!
 
PS I have the quilting bug really badly.
 
PPS It's December already. Did you notice? I didn't. I am so behind in my present sewing. So I'm off to my sewing corner now.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great - well done. A cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter are quite a revelation and then you wonder how you managed without them! I look forward to seeing the next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Already making the next quilt!

      Delete

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...