Tuesday 17 January 2012

Serendipity and synchronicity

I have 'wasted' a whole evening online looking at other blogs when what I 'should' be doing is my tax return, the ironing and clearing up.

But sometimes a little 'wasted' time fills your mind and soul and sets you ready to get going again. You recharge yourself with a few moments when you cast out into the world and, through some serendipitous links, find synchronicity with others that brings you back to the self you truly are (or truly want to be) again.

I like to read Elsie's blog for her creativity, style and optimism. Through her, I discovered Rachel's blog, a beautiful read about a mother trying to keep creativity, style and optimism while loving and parenting her little ones, and having a little less to buy the lifestyle with. It is a little closer to my life, though I could only dream of having her wardrobe, decor or flair!

And tonight, in my late-night time 'wasting', I find Rachel's friend Diane's blog. And she's not written much recently, but her house is the house I dream of, and every bit of fabric I see I want. All of a sudden I find myself again, through someone else's life. My tired heart lights back up and starts dreaming. This is why the world of blogging is neither risible or superfluous.

 A few pictures, courtesy of Diane's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your kinds words and for visiting my blog! One of my favorite things about blogging is finding other women who have such similar passions. I hope we are both able to squeeze in some sewing time in February. I don't know if you already have Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me book, it is full of so many wonderful sewing tips and information and it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...