Nice? I am so pleased with it. Didn't have a pattern but I seemed to manage okay. Postives & negatives?
- Everything lined up!
- Really liked my idea to embellish the bag with the two strips of ribbon and the contrasting buttons. It makes it a bit more individual.
- I managed neat stitches in parallel lines.
- I also managed neatly hand-sewn buttons.
- This friend is a bit of a champion baker and lover of old-fashioned tea crockery, so the fabric was a good find.
- Turning the handles out - oh my goodness, how laborious and difficult. I read somewhere about making handles and that there is a special tool for doing it. I think I need that tool!
- Tension problems again, but the satisfaction of fixing them.
- Didn't quite manage to get it done in time - it arrived a day late. But the pressure of a deadline can detract from the enjoyment of sewing so I had to balance the two.
Thanks to my clever husband by the way, for the photos.