|Michael Miller's 'cake' fabric, found at eQuilter.|
- My blog has passed its one year birthday and its 1000 page views milestone. I was mucho excited until I read on the Smile & Wave blog that it gets 3,500-6,000 hits a day. I have 1,000 in a year. Ho hum.
- My sewing corner is done! I see it and it looks like heaven. I work in it and it feels like heaven. I hope to show you some photos later this week.
- My parents came last week and it was just lovely. Happy Mother's Day to my fabulous mother, and a happy Mother's Day for me, spending it with them and my boys.
- Fabric arrived in the post and my mum brought me all the vintage fabric she had selflessly let me steal from her stash. I now have a mountain of fabric and that mountain touches heaven.
- When the posted fabric arrived, the two-year-old said "Mummy, this fabric is mine and you can make me bags with it!" I love that this is so much a part of his world. He ran around the room trailing fabric in the air behind him, throwing it into concertina piles and rolling in it. He acted out how I felt.
- What he didn't know is that the fabric is for the Tiny One's quilt and I plan to start it this week. Not at all nervous about my first quilting foray. Chomping at the bit.
- I also got the book, The Craft Business Handbook, and am two chapters in. Yes readers, this hobbyist is planning on turning her passion into her vocation. Currently, I am stuck with the precarious balancing act of stay-at-home mum versus emerging self-employed sewist. Not sure yet how these two full-time jobs will squeeze into one full-time person, but we shall see.
- Today I have been a full-time grump of the shouty, impatient, exhausted variety. These moments writing with the babes in bed are bringing me back to myself and I am inhaling it.
- Interestingly, I am working really hard on getting more organised, sorted and scheduled in my life. For some, this would provide rigidity of the stifling variety. For me, I am finding it is settling me down while inviting my mind to dance and soar with creativity.