Monday 7 March 2011

The weekend was...



... rather lovely, all in all, but also...
  • Grey and drizzly on Saturday, but beautifully so.
  • Bright, spring sunshine on Sunday with the birds sounding very excited and the jackdaws eating the bread the Little One and I had left out.
  • Wrapping a best friend's present (sewing project number 2! - more to come on this later) and feeling excited in the hope she likes it, nervous in the worry she won't, and a little sad to be letting it go.
  • Delicious sausage meat & tomato pasta on Saturday night with the boys, inspired by Jamie.
  • Card making Saturday night - four in two hours... perhaps I need to up my card-making rate?!
  • A little lonely, minus a husband (who had gone out for a very rare weekend with chums).
  • Too many satsumas eaten (they came with leaves from Abel & Cole - couldn't resist a pretty picture but they look a little odd under the glare of the flash); but then I don't think there's such a thing as too many. Besides, I go a little crazy for seasonal food and am revelling in the last glut of sweet, sharp, bright citrus before we move on a season.
  • A midwife visit - all fine - but bringing the scary realisation that with four weeks to go til the big day, it's becoming a bit of a runaway train and there's only one way out!...
  • so I must start thinking about cooking some stews and such to last us through the early weeks...
  • and sorting out the baby clothes for the last time...
  • and getting on with the sewing and card making as I don't think I'll be up to much of it in April!
  • A lovely night out with the mummy friends on Sunday, but I ate half a pudding too much, which is a fatal error at 36 weeks pregnant.
  • And I discovered that the Little One is garden-obsessed, galloping with delicious laughter up and down the decking, picking berries to squeeze down the gaps, feeding the birds, jumping, and insisting he wasn't cold because he was worried it would mean he would have to come in. Such a contrast to my homebody Big One who would gladly spend hours snuggled in a bed-den in his room reading, rather than go outside. I need to take up some crafting hobbies that I can do on a chair in the garden I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit. Oh you have something to say? Go on then...